Friday, February 17, 2006

February

February has been a quite a month.

First there's CNY, which I finally show face after skipping it last year. The result was a fantastic reunion dinner with my mother's side of the family and a couple of long chatty catch-up sessions with a couple of my cousins which I haven't seen for ages. (Okay, not literally "ages", but it sure felt like forever…) Then there's the expensive air tickets. To avoid the agony of having to sit in a bus for 32 hours (to and fro), I decided to take a flight. The trip cost me close to RM800!! Of course, it burst my monthly budget. Thank god February is a short month!

After CNY is the dreadful day where flowers are as expensive as a bowl of shark's fin soup; the day where your partner will literally kill you if you don't get him/her a gift; the day where boyfriends worldwide spend big-bucks trying to impress his other half; the day where I rejected someone who likes me.

Yeap. I actually said 'no' to someone who asked me out for a dinner date on Valentine's Day. Call me mean, call me rude, call me heartless, but I'm just trying to be honest. I don't want to be giving false hope to the poor fella when I feel nothing could happen between us. Yes, this person is nice to me, drives me back from work and all that. But the timing is just not right. I can't be going out with someone when I'm still trying to get over another. Yes, there's an "another", who, very unfortunate for me, is already taken. That's just the way life is, isn't it? The best candidate is always someone else's other half.

Of course there are the endless work that just keep flowing in.

February is just too short to get anything done. It's like that one month of the year where it's just too short for you to do anything concrete. Before you know it, it's ending soon. What have you done this February?

A Jessism © 17022006

3 comments:

LMF said...

February i manage to send the March issue in time so that i'll come out end of Feb.

hehe

but nothing much, and thank gawd it's short, i burst my allocated allowance too even with the help of angpow money.

LMF said...

oh my goodness, i mean ON TIME, not in time.

Anonymous said...

Hehehe.... u know wat?!
It's March now~!
Haha...
Oh ya~! February should be the most unforgetable month of all lor~!
How can u ever forget that~?~!
Cause this is the day when a little cutie has been born~!
WAhahahaha......
Cheers~!
:p