Monday, June 12, 2006

God Protect Me...

Sometimes some people just need to learn to keep their mouth shut. If you have nothing to say, just keep quiet!

Was out with my boyfriend and a couple of friends during the weekend. During a conversation, a friend of ours brought up the subject of religion. Not that i have anything against anybody's religion, but I just wanted to say that: I'm a Buddhist, don't try to change, or convert, me!

This girl, who is a Christian, told my boyfriend (who also happens to be a Christian) to convert me to Christianity. I told her that my boyfriend and I have got no problem with our difference in religion so far, and I don't see why we should change that. Instead of taking the hint and keeping her mouth shut, she started this whole thing about 101 reasons why he should be doing so.

This one good reason why I don't like these people. I know you think your God is oh-so-great, and I respect Him. But don't come telling me that I should be one of His many followers and 101 good reasons and benefit and I can from it. This is not groceries we're talking about. Don't come promoting it to me like some fucking commercial; telling me why I should change my detergent!

I've said this a lot of times, and I'll say it again.

I don't care whatever fuck your religion is. And I don't give a damn how fucking great you think your religion is. Every person has their right to believe what they want. So don't fucking try that religion hard sell thing on me! Don't come telling me this bullshit about what I should believe! You wanna be Christian, fine with me. Just don't fucking come to my friends and ask them to "lead me to the right path".

I'm a Buddhist, and I'm happy with it. Deal with it!

2 comments:

LMF said...

there are some real good Christians (and other religion follower) that will respect other religion, and there are some over welmed religious that will think the only GOD above is theirs.

And trust me, i'll never make u a free-thinker.

Well, i miss your entry though. Post more!

~ 小狗 ~ said...

I'm not saying that all Christians are out to get you to "join" their religion. I do agree that there are those who respect others.

Been busy trying to meet deadlines these days. Will post more stuff when I have the time. Hehe...