Friday, October 06, 2006

Trip To Cameron

(My apologies for the delay in this posting. Been bogged down with loads of work after I got back from the trip. Throw in an annoying colleague who doesn't know how to keep her mouth shut, an ex who can't stop bad mouthing you to everyone the both of you know, and two part time jobs with tight deadlines, I barely have time to even fart! Anyways, back to this posting...)

23 - 26 September :
Went to Cameron Highlands during the Awal Ramadan weekend, with Verlyn, Samantha and Gerrard. Of course, like most my other trips, I made a pit-stop in PJ and stayed with Amy and Keith, did some catching up (read: bitching), and had our usually Saturday night dinner together. The venue: Esquire Kitchen Bangsar.

Since Verlyn left to meet her friends early Saturday morning and won't be back till night, joining me for dinner (with Amy, Cheryl & Keith) is my ex-colleague, Melvin, who has no idea he is about to walk into something he will soon regret.

Dinner started out normal. Of course when I say normal, I meant The Addams Family kind of "normal". A conversation about my how I broke up with my ex, became a discussion on gay rights, then we talked about Cheryl's job (which till this day no one --not even Amy-- can figure out what exactly is it that she does), and of course, what is dinner without the usual talk about sex? Melvin, who doesn't like to talk about sexual preferences issue in public, is already sending out the can-we-not-discuss-about-this-issue-here vibe when we were talking about gay rights. The poor soul proceeds to receive a big-ass culture shock when Keith started to reenact one of his copulating moments: "OH GOD... I'M COMING...", that sort of thing. This, of course, attracts attention. People from the next table starts to look over to find out what is going on, and I could feel that my poor friend is on the verge of drilling a hole on the floor to hide his head in it.

Met up with Verlyn and Irene at Redbox The Curve that later night for a karaoke session. Melvin introduced us to a friend of his from Taiping, who (I think) looks like a younger version of my Cinema Online trainee, Hon Fei.

Went to Ipoh with Verlyn the next day to meet up with Gerrard and Samantha. Had our dose of nga choi kai (Beans Sprout Chicken) and spent the night at Gerrard's place before we head on to Cameron the next day.

I have never been to Cameron previously, so I was really psyched about the trip. Cameron's colder than I expected it to be. I always thought it would be something like Genting, but I was wrong. It kinda reminded me of the cold Australian weather... with mist.

Went to a local strawberry farm, which claims that they have "SELF-PLUCKING" strawberries. I don't know where the hell they got that phrase from, but it sure got our attention! Strawberries that could pluck themselves!! What a neat idea! Our sarcastic mind were hoping to see those red berries pluck themselves and just jump into our basket and follow us home, but since this is not some fucked-up Disney crap, we have to "pluck" those berries ourselves. Still... it was a great experience.

(A special thanks to our guide, who told me and Verlyn a lot about strawberries and constantly giving us tips on which berries to pick. I never knew that you can differentiate which berry is sweeter and which is sour. They all looked the same to me!)

After having our steamboat dinner that night, the four of us went home to play chor-tai-dee and had strawberries and tequila as our game snack. I don't know if it's the strawberries or the tequila, but Gerrard's face got real red. Of course, the dude claims that he's NOT drunk. (Right...) Then there's Verlyn, who, after one drink, can't even walk in straight lines. Poor girl not only bumped into the closet in her room, she also took my mobile from me when I was on the phone with my boyfriend and started telling him a bunch of things that doesn't really make sense. After she left my room and went into the living room, she proceeds to tell Gerrard that she is about to take off her bras. (Yeah... we are so going to remind her of this embarrassing moment time and time again!)

Having the apartment to ourselves after those drunks slept, Samantha and I did some catching up – the usual talk on life, work, and talked about our ex (read: serious bitching) – until 3am in the morning.

Woke up early the next morning and went photo-taking with Verlyn before we left Cameron. Since Verlyn can't remember anything that happened the night before, (apart from her encounter with the closet), it was great to torture her with images of the embarrassing thing she did. (Read: The Bra Incident!)

[Click Here for pictures from the trip.]

A Jessism © 06102006

1 comment:

Linus Linnaeus said...

Hey next time if you are game for an extra member on your trip...and a new friend,froggie can talk...and though not a sex expert froggie am not a spoil sport...okay, honestly froggie like discovering sex through mindless yet intellectual babbles.

and froggie loves nature and cameron highlands...sounds like bliss to me...

so if you guys care for an extra froggie...call me...froggie trying to build circle of friends to go out after froggie's dear pixie left for USA...(cue I'm so lonely)
:P