Monday, February 01, 2010

Krabi Adventure: Day 1

So, my day started with a fight with the girl at Air Asia's check-in counter...

All of us (me and the rest of the passengers, that is) were queuing up at the long check-in counter queue. After close to 20 minutes of queuing, when I was third in line, the girl told the two mat-salleh in front of me that the counter's closed. The two mat salleh, of course, made a fuss about how long they were waiting in line, how she should've stopped people from queuing if she wanted to close the counter and demand to be checked in.

The counter girl next to her, then asked her to close the queue, and divert the rest to another line, which is empty and just opened. The girl, got out from her counter, close the line with about 10 of us in it, and divert the rest to the new counter. So this meant that the 10 of us who are still in the queuing zone will be checked in, right? Wrong.

After she checked the two mat salleh in, when I got up to the counter, she tells me that the counter is closed. Why can the two in front of me check in and I can't?! Now I'm really pissed. I started screaming at her telling her that all of us who are still in the line have been queuing up for the past 20 minutes and if she can serve the two mat salleh, she can serve the rest of us before closing. At that point she got embarrassed, stood up and looked at the people she had in line and mumbled that she will finish the queue before she closes the counter.

Air Asia has been providing us with somewhat cheap tickets, this much I must agree, but they have got to improve on their customer service. It is not our fault that she didn't cut the queue earlier to avoid having to serve us when it's time for her break. I've taken Air Asia flights long enough to hear all sorts of rude comments from people behind the check in counters. Once the check in counter close half way through and told the rest of the people in queue that they can't check in anymore because the plane is about to take off, and gave them a lecture about how they should've came earlier when they complaint! Talk about bad customer service.

Just when I thought the bad is over. It ain't.

On the plane, a pair of mother daughter is seated next to me. The mother, glared at the air stewardess angrily when she kindly asks if she could use the table in front of her to do the emergency exit demonstration. The stewardess looked confused for about two seconds before turning to the person on the other side of the aisle to ask for permission instead. To prove that she doesn't has any civic conscious, she then took the air sick paper bag out from the front pocket of her seat and her daughter's, and passes it to her daughter so that her daughter can doodle over it. When her daughter of done doodling on the paper bags and ran out of space, the daughter started to bug her for more paper. To my horror, she actually told her daughter to look in to the front pocket of my seat to see if there's any, without asking for my permission! Thank goodness the paper bag was nicely tugged away behind the emergency exit card and her daughter couldn't see it, or else I would have to force myself to throw up my breakfast to teach them a lesson.

To make things worse, this spoiled daughter of hers started whining again half way through the flight and she gave the daughter her story book to read. This brat, proceed to ask the mother to read out loud, which she didn't even think twice and did it. I normally wouldn't mind and find it cute, but this girl is big enough to know how to read, and s obviously spoilt rotten by this mother of hers. The mother and daughter then proceeded to read the stories word by word, line by line, OUT LOUD! This is a plane for heavens sake! Not their house! I can see people from the opposite aisle started to glare over and I even heard someone sushing them. But the mother didn't give two fucks and kept on reading with her daughter. Where is an air stewardess when you needed one?! Thank god for Sony Ericsson's flight mode!

I really didn't know what to expect when we reached Krabi International. As I booked and paid my hotel and airport transfer online, I didn't know where the heck my hotel was (other than it was walking distance to the beach), and I have no idea who the person who was going to pick me up look like (other than he will be holding a sign with my name on it). When I got through the long and winding queue at the immigration, there he was. An old and polite-looking uncle dressed in white uniform and black slack holding a sign with my name. He asked me to show him my booking confirmation, told me that the journey to my hotel would take about 45 minutes and asked me to follow him.

When I got to the car park, I was shocked. They sent a bloody limo to pick me up! To make things more awkward, as we made our way to to my hotel, we were heading more to the rural side of town. You can see people riding motorbikes, driving old cars, riding in tut-tut, and then there's me in a big ass white-colored airport limo! >.<"

When we reached Baan Purr, the mini hotel where I will be staying for the next three nights, all I wanted to do is to rush out from the hotel limo, and hide myself in my room as soon as I could before anybody sees me.

I booked myself two full day trips later that evening, before going for an evening walk along Ao Nang beach.

2 comments:

kc said...

wow~~~
hope to c more posts on ur trip!!

~ 小狗 ~ said...

Haha... coming...
Writing about Day 2 now... XD