Saturday, January 01, 2011

1.1.11

While the rest of the world is stuck in a traffic jam/making their way back from the New Year countdown, here I am in front of my desktop, looking back on the year that just ended.

2010 has been a roller coaster ride for me: Things were rough at work, my grandmother passed away, had a huge fight with an asshole housemate of mine, my laptop died, Mom's bag was snatched... But of course, there were also a few good things that came in between such as my other housemate and I managed to get rid of that asshole housemate of ours, my brother got engage in Macau, my godbrother's wife got pregnant (the baby is due April, yay!), I managed to organize a couple of gatherings for the gay forum I'm active in (which most of them turned out to be pretty successful), my brother bought a house, my cousin brother got married... things seem to be picking up.

And since it's the New Year, it would be wrong not to make another one of those New Year Resolution thingy... which I seldom manage to achieve. >.<

Well, c'mon I'm sure it happens to everyone... right? ~diffident~ >.<

Actually, the question to ask would be: Does anybody out there still do New Year Resolution?

Anyways, here's mine. Let's see how many I can get done by the end of 2011:

01. Family
After the passing of my grandmother in June, I told myself that I need to spend more time with my family, and I'm gonna stick to that promise and at the same time control my temper, since I constantly/easily get into arguments with my Dad. Also, since my brother has now settled down in Macau, I think I should plan a trip there with my parents to visit him and my sister-in-law.


02. Social
After joining an online forum for gay Chinese two years ago, I've been actively organizing/co-organizing gatherings, with an aim to encourage gay teens to come out and meet more friends instead of staying at home and stare at their computer screens. That has been going pretty well so far, and I think I will keep it going in 2011 as well.


03. Health
I’ve been constantly sick last year. It seems that with age, comes sickness. In fact, I caught a bug so bad last November, that I not only missed the World AIDS Day Carnival, which I religiously go to every year, I also missed the chance of meeting up with an online friend who came all the way from France. (I'm so sorry, Mark.) So I think it's time I take better care of myself. Maybe I should join a gym and I can stop worrying about that belly of mine that comes and goes at the same time? And while I'm at it, maybe it's also time for me to get a proper insurance with a proper health card, just in case... ~touch wood~


04. Personal
This is the one I needed a lot of work with! I need to cut down my spending, save more money, learn something new (I'm thinking Rubik's cube since it'll help in making my brain tick), curse less, cut down on the bitching, travel (I already have two overseas trips planned out so far – Phuket in February & Taiwan in October), and last but not least I really should come back to the wonderful world of blogging and bore you readers out there at least once a month. =þ


05. Environment
Since I'm Cina, plastic bags play a very important part in my life! Tapao = plastic bag. Grocery shopping = plastic bag. Trash = plastic bag. I think it's time I cut down on the usage of plastic bags and start bringing my own container whenever I tapao and bring along my own bag whenever I go grocery shopping. As for trash, well, I don't think the garbage men would want to get their hands dirty on scattered dumps, so let's not go there just yet.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. We'll see how all that turn out at the end of 2011.

Happy New Year everybody!


~ jessism © 01012011 ~

No comments: