Friday, July 08, 2011

Tensed

You can literally feel the tension in the air. The whole rakyat is tensed. Not by the rally, but by the way we are treated. To be honest, I really don't see how having roadblocks everywhere will be "the public interest". Did they even ask "the public" whether we wanted roadblocks before deciding on our behalf?

On the bus to work, we saw a roadblock on the opposite side of the road, where all the cars are at a standstill. Sitting very close to the driver seat, I can hear the driver telling the conductor that today is going to be a long day, "I wonder how long we are going to be stuck in that block on our way back."

I wanted to stress, that these blocks ARE NOT the "public interest"! When are they ever going to learn? The bus drivers wanted to have a smooth journey, the passengers wanted to get to their destination on time; they don't want to get stuck in a road block. And I for sure don't want to be stuck in a roadblock on my way home later as well!

Sigh... Why is something that is already greenlit by the Agung still causing so much stir? Shouldn't the blocks and tension be gone, now that the biggest man in charge has already spoken? I'm confused.


~ a concerned and tensed citizen © 20110708 ~

No comments: