Friday, November 18, 2005

"Motivational Speech" My Ass!

Let me start by saying that I hate churches because of all the preaching. No offense to all those who are Christians… it’s just that I don’t like people to tell me that “their” God is better than others. I respect all religions, but just don’t come tell me why I should follow yours.

Same goes for direct selling. Yes, you’re a successful Platinum, or god-knows-what rank, distributor. Just don’t come preaching to me how you’re actually “sharing” the “good stuff” with me. If you’re really just “sharing”, then why are you charging me for that freaking expensive product anyway? Sharing = no money involve, you dumb ass!

Working for a direct selling company, I knew the day would come where I have to listen to all those show-offs brag about their achievements, which is still ok; I mean, since I work for this company, they won’t ask me to sell their product anymore, and I can stay away from those brainwash-like seminars. Well, I was wrong to think that.

We were called for a meeting earlier today, and a speaker was to give us a “motivational” speech. It turns out that the dude was actually here to preach about the company. In other words, a semi-brainwashing session.

They lost me after we were told us that someone is going to give us a “speech”, so I wasn’t really paying attention to who the heck that was. Then this dude said something that caught my attention: “we shouldn’t ask what the company can do for us, and give us. This is not about the salary; it’s about what YOU can do to make the company grow.” Yeah right… try NOT paying all of us, and see if you will still see us here listening to you. Or since you’re “sharing”, why don’t you just give your products out for free?!

Okay, that did kinda tick me off a little. But it was nothing big. I guess all stingy Chinese bosses made that statement every now and then. So I lost interest again.

Then just when I thought I was about to dose off, he made a statement that completely pisses me off: “Useless people (like that) don’t deserve to live!” Okay, I wasn’t really paying attention to who he was referring to, but that still doesn’t gives him the right to say who “deserves” to live, or not! In fact, no one has the right to even say that!

I decided that I’m pissed at this person no matter who he was. Yes, I found out his identity after the 3 and half hour of his not-so-motivational crap-talk. And I was shocked to the core that someone like him is saying things like this to his subordinates! And this was supposed to be a “motivational” talk?!

You know what’s the freakiest part? I’m actually motivated after hearing all that crap! I’m actually suddenly motivated to change job before I get brainwashed into thinking that “useless people don’t deserves to live”!

4 comments:

LMF said...

hehe,this dude uses the wrong way to brainwash you :P

there is no way he can do it when ur fence is 8 feet high, try lower it to 4 feet and u'll be selling it already :P

kekekke

~ 小狗 ~ said...

I never like direct selling companies! I hate the people who sells them, and I definately hate those "motivational speakers" who always claim that their product is the best in the market. It's really ironic that I'm actually working for one. (Well, the pay here is good though...)

The way I see it: Unless their product can cure AIDS, or cancer, they're the same as any other cheap supplements you can find on the market. Why pay more to support them?

Anonymous said...

Why are you so angry (as depicted by profanities, negative perception of others)? who has bruise you so badly. Psychologist usually attribute it to your early childhood relationship usually parent...hence explaining a generally anti --establishment attitude, because the parents are the original anger towards parents/ caretaker. Any truth in your case?

~ 小狗 ~ said...

The only reason why I'm so pissed is because, I feel that no one should have the right to say who deserves to live, and who not. Besides, I love my job, doesn't mean that I have to love the company, right?

I work for money. If you want loyalty, get a dog.