Thursday, August 02, 2007

Change

What happens if you find out that you are dying of a terminal disease and you only have a month left to live?

OR

What happens if you know that all things are coming to and end? What would you do to make a difference?

I know you always read about this sort of question and you've answered it a billion times. BUT... what happens if it is really happening to you? Would you really do anything differently?

Humans are the strangest of living beings. We do not know how to cherish whatever we have until it's gone, or at least, in this case, 'until we know that it's going to be gone'.

With the craziness that's been going on in my life, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. "Would I do anything differently, if I were to be given another chance to relive it?" The most probable answer I would give is, "No." It's not to say that I wouldn't want to change everything, there are, trust me, some things in my life that I would want to make better, but thinking deeply into it, I realize that without those 'elements' in my life, would I still be the same person I am today?

Supposedly I stop my dad from beating up my mom when I was a kid. What could I do to prevent it? Call the cops? I was definitely too young to know what the heck "domestic violence" is. If relive this part of life and I did call the cops, yes, he might be sent away, and my mom will stop enduring the beating. But there might be a chain reaction to that part of my life: I would become the kid who called the cops. My father's side of the family, which already doesn't really like my mom, would, then, really hates my mom for it. My parents might get a divorce, or something like that…… I guess the possible chain reactions would be too long to be elaborated here. But my main point is, for me, life, as I knew it to be, wouldn't be the same anymore, if those changes were made.

Life is filled with unexpected twists and turns. It's the twists and turns, which make us who we are today. We live through those ups and downs to better ourselves and prepare ourselves for the future unknown. To change the "unexpected" turns and turn them into what we wanted it to be might just ruin the whole plan whatever the forces that be had planned for us. And it would certainly change who we are.

What happens if I know that all things are coming to an end? I would do my best to cherish the days I have left to do the things I wanted to do. I will not live any differently and I would continue to be who I am and enjoy the moment. After all, whatever that is meant to be, is meant to be. If the forces at work say it's time for you to go, it's time for you to go.

I see life as one of those never ending soap operas. It has its ups and downs and secrets and scandals going on throughout. How to make the best of things and live through it is completely up to us to decide.

Unlike a daytime soap opera; Life is, after all, unscripted.

- jessism © 02082007 -

1 comment:

Simple Pleasures said...

hi there..just dropped in from another blog..you have a nice blog..and like you, I too, would not do anything different with the exception of spending more time with the BF... :-)