Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas Homesick

November proves to be a not-so good month for this crab. A bus trip back to Penang landed me in KL; came back to find that my computer crashed; then a trip to the dentist turns into an appointment for an expensive wisdom tooth extraction…with all that going on, I forgot all about Thanksgiving. Even worse, I just realized that Christmas is just around the corner and I haven't even done my Christmas shopping! (Gasps in horror, "Home Alone" style!)

No, I'm NOT a Christian but I love Christmas. It's one of those seasons that you would know when it's around the corner. There's beautiful light decors everywhere, Christmas trees set up at all departmental stores, malls, and even on the street... and as we get closer to Christmas Day, everyone (even people you don't know) will greet you with festive wishes everywhere you go, stores that used to give the crappiest service will even have their staff smiling and greeting you. It's like suddenly the world is filled with leap year babies, and our long-awaited birthday is coming up! Sounds fun, doesn't it?

At times like this, it's hard not to be homesick. I can't help but think about that Christmas morning when we gather in the living area and open our present, with Jacque sniffing around, hoping to get a lick of the candy canes and Christmas candies Amy got us. Then there's the Christmas dinner where Keith and The Grinch Sid carved the turkey. And of course, the drinking game where we broke a glass and a drunken Geri walking into the stairs railing…sigh... I really miss that.

Anyway, fast forward to present day: Like last year, Jess will most probably be heading over to Singapore to celebrate Christmas. So, do gimmie a holler if you're heading there as well. Maybe we all can hang out together~!

Merry Christmas!

A Jessism © 12122006

2 comments:

+ l a a . l a a + said...

wahahaa.. u post ur christmas wishlist here!! idea huh!! lol, n i also click on the phantom of the opera n see the ticket price.. waaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

Standard (Fri & Sat Eve 8pm)
- S$160, S$135, S$110, S$85
VIP Box - S$180

waHHHHH sing dollaR lehh..

well well.. u will receive my xmas gift soon... wahahaha.. (dun expect too high but for sure in ur wishlist...wahahahaa.. )

~ 小狗 ~ said...

Haha.. yeah. The ticket prices are crazy! 魔鬼鱼 and I wanted to go, but after seeing the ticket prices, we'll decided to wait until we return from Phuket. If we can still afford it, then we'll go. Otherwise... I guess we'll watch the movie on DVD again?

Christmas gift for me? Yay!! Haha... Thank you o!