Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Surprise


I have never cried so hard on Christmas.

Where to begin? Let's just say that Christmas Eve was plain boring. Kenny and two other friends of ours (Greg & Lilian) didn't know where to go, so we ended up roaming around Stulang Laut aimlessly. Had our countdown at Sampan -- a local cafe with live band, which turn out to be disappointing. We loved the place, but our favorite singer wasn't there, and the girls that were singing on stage were just plain bad. With nowhere to go, the four of us decided to head home to unwrap our presents.

Everyone who knows me knows that every year I would post my Christmas wishlist on my blog. The catch about my Christmas wishlist is either the items listed are things I couldn't afford, or it's something rare that I couldn't find. Of course, I always think that if I couldn't afford it and it's a hard-to-find item, who would be able to get it for me, right? Wrong!

Unwrapping the present Verlyn got me gave me a shock! The girl got me the “Red Curtain Trilogy” boxset that I've been looking for ages! I just couldn't stop myself from crying the minute I saw it. I've been looking for it for almost a year and every shop I went to in Singapore told me that it's already out of stock and that I can only get it from US. But this crazy girl actually found it! She must have went through a lot of hell trying to locate it. What makes it even more touching is that I know she's been tight on Vitamn $ lately and the set cost a lot! Still, she bought it for me! I called her the minute I saw what's in the box and woke her up in the middle up the night. The both of us ended up crying on the phone. Come to think of it now, it is kinda embarrassing.

Another person who surprised me was Kenny. This bugger couldn't even afford to have his car tires replaced but he managed to get me a set of Japan-import "Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles" models, which, I figure, doesn't come cheap. Sigh... Thank you both a lot for making me cry the presents!

(NOTE: A special thanks to + l a a . l a a + for her Christmas card, as shown above. Click here to see what I got for Christmas this year.)

A Jessism © 25122006

1 comment:

+ l a a . l a a + said...

wahaha..shy shy shy... :$

cry har?

aiyoo.. dun cry dun cry..

i got lots of tissue...

*thinking of design a tissue new year card for yer..*

wahahahahahaaah...