Friday, December 01, 2006

Wisdom Tooth Week


I thought that the pain was over after the anesthetic injection from hell, cos I was unable to feel anything after the injection, but I was wrong. Showing me out, the doctor told me that I will feel the pain after the anesthetic wears off and gave me pain killer and antibiotics. As if to reassure me, he told me that there's nothing to be afraid of, "the bleeding should stop. Don't worry if it doesn't stop, just come back tomorrow." Yeah, that was very reassuring.

Day One: I went home feeling like I was just told that I've strike a lottery. Like the doctor say, there's no pain at all! It's only a little hard to swallow your saliva. I was instructed to take out the gauze and drink ice water and take my medication an hour after I got, which I followed diligently. Then it happened. The anesthetic went away and comes the suffering from hell. I can feel the pain even with the pain killers, and couldn't speak, cos it will inflict more pain. My bleeding didn't stop. Boyfriend asked me to wash my mouth with Oradex, and told me that it wouldn't hurt. The bastard lied! It stings so bad, I almost cried.

Day Two: Woke up with a swollen face. My landlady even joked that my face doesn't look balanced anymore. Couldn't speak; resorted to mumbling. Pain still there, but bleeding has subside. Still on a no solid food and ice-porridge diet. Yes, ice-porridge. The porridge we tapau was hot, so we have to find a way to cool it down. Placing ice into the porridge seems like the best idea then. Began to examine my hundred-bucks tooth and noticed that there's still traces of gum tissues on the tooth. Totally grossed out.

Day Three: Swell still there but not so obvious anymore. It still hurts but able to speak and sounding like Shelly Marsh from "South Park". Moved from ice-porridge to ice-kacang. Finally, brush my teeth! (Well, one side of it only... I wouldn't wanna open up the recovering wound!)

Day Four: Bleeding started again. I don't know why. Went back to work anyway. Can still taste blood in my mouth, until late afternoon. Getting closer to becoming a vampire. Wound still hurts. Boyfriend say not to worry, as it's a part of the healing process. Since he's in the dental care business, I guess I should listen to him?

Day Five (today): Spat out blood again this morning. Should it still be bleeding after so many days?! Am starting to get use to having blood in my mouth. Maybe I should just apply for a Red Card and become a full-fledged vampire?

Summing things up, I can say is that:

Wisdom Tooth Extraction =
Expensive Procedure + A Week Of Pain

Like what Ash always said to me: "look on the bright side", so here's my "bright side". I'm taking this as one of those experiences that teaches you something new. What I learned from this is that when you wanna curse someone, don't say things like "fuck off", or "I hope he/she will have a taste of her own medicine"! Say: "I hope you will have to get your wisdom tooth extracted!"

A Jessism © 01122006

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

god!!!! it's good to be happy and dandy but one can 't be still be a Pollyana while having his tooth extracted. Ash always says, "look at the bright side" but in this situation, with saliva foaming and dripping, Ash would say... "This would be a great occasion to do drugs again! BUH-RING MUH-EEE D MOR-FIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I salut your courage dude!