Friday, March 23, 2007

Reluctant

Started packing today. Can't believe that I'm moving again.

The previous time I felt so reluctant to leave was in April 2005, when I signed with Cathay Cineplexes. I cried so hard the week I was supposed to move, and I cried myself to sleep the first few weeks after my relocation. it was the first time I actually felt homesick.

Exactly two years later, jess is relocating again. It's strange how time flies by without us realizing. When I first move to JB in October 2005, I remember coming with only two small boxes and a travel bag. But now, I've got more junk than two boxes and a travel bag can fit. (I just finished loading up the third box before I started with this post and there's plenty more to go.)

My first impression of JB wasn't as good. (Evidence: Exhibit A, Exhibit B.) I was a loner back then. I don't socialize much with my colleagues -- in fact, I was rather cold to most of them. I was trapped in a place where nobody speaks my language! i have to be honest, my Mandarin was shit back then. I couldn't speak proper Mandarin and I don't really understand what people around me were usually fit-foh-feh-ing about most of the time, and whenever I speak to them in English, they just stare at me like I'm some alien from Mars speaking Swahili to them.

In less than 2 weeks, I will be relocating back to KL and start all-things over again: new job, new working enviornment, new bunch of co-workers, and most probably -- new friends. However, one thing's for sure: I will never forget each and every one of you here in JB! Although my relocation is still 2 weeks away, I'm missing you guys already... =(

[For all my friends in JB, especially Verlyn, Ee Luen, Greg, Laa Laa, Xiao Chen, Xiao Hui, Ace, Luke, my kind landlady and my dear Kenny, who was there for me during my depression, and motivated and cheered me on when I was having a hard time.]

- jessism © 22032007 -

No comments: