Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Get Right

I got an sms during the weekend from an unknown person. It goes: "Hey bro, are you still doing interior design. Do I get commission if I help you get customers?" The first thing that struck me was: bloody idiot sent to a wrong number. So I kinda ignored it. But still, I just couldn't get it out of my mind. I mean, who would be so stupid to key in the wrong number when sending an sms?

Anyway, getting off work right on the dot for the first time since I started working, I went home directly to catch myself some Zs. While I was about to doze off my phone rang:

Guy: "Stan! Stan!"
Me: "What???"
Guy: "Stan?"
Me: "Stan??"
Guy: "May I speak to Stanley please?"
Me: "Erm..." (Is he referring to my brother??? But there's like a thousand Stanleys in KL. It couldn't be...)
Me: "I'm sorry, I think you got the wrong number."
Guy: "Sorry.." (then the dude hung up...)

Right after the fella hung up, I called my godbrother to check if he knew this person. And of course, after I gave him the number, Stan has no idea who the hell that person was. So, it is a wrong number after all.
* * * * * * *
Today, on MSN, a friend messaged me.

*߆LεJuî©ε says: yo! Do u have stan's number?
*߆LεJuî©ε says: bugger..i called and different people pick up
*߆LεJuî©ε says: lol
*߆LεJuî©ε says: he was like.. stan??
jess says: let me guess... your last four number is 5699
*߆LεJuî©ε says: 0124677114
jess says: LMAO
jess says: that's my number la doink!!!!!
*߆LεJuî©ε says: OH FUCK
*߆LεJuî©ε says: HAHAHAHA
jess says: I might be his bro but i'm NOT him
jess says: lol
*߆LεJuî©ε says: thats you who answer the phone ar?!?!?
*߆LεJuî©ε says: ABHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA
*߆LεJuî©ε says: FUCK MAN!HAHAHAHAHA
jess says: i knew i recognise the voice, i just cant recall who is it
*߆LεJuî©ε says: fuck this is embarrassing
*߆LεJuî©ε says: fuck shit.. hahahah why i go put stan in the name...

The moral of this story: Please key in the right name when you add contacts into your phone or jess will further embarrass you by posting a blog about your mistake.

- jessism © 25042007 -

No comments: