Monday, September 05, 2005

Got Sperm?

It’s strange how the human mind works. And what happened this weekend really got me thinking.

During my weekend stay in KL, a lesbian friend of mine asked if I could be the backup sperm donor should her immediate gay husband decided not to donate his seed.

For a person who doesn’t want a child of my own, and loathed the idea of childbirth, I of course, without any hesitation, said “yes”.

I know. How dumb can I get?

Although the chances of her husband NOT donating is going to be very slim, on my trip from KL back to Penang, I got to thinking about what will happen should I have to keep my end of the deal.

I’ve watched “Queer As Folk” and I’ve seen how things work. The only word that could describe the whole situation spells “complicated”. Imagine how to answer when the little monster asks where did it came from: Well, you see, your mommy, who happens to be a lesbian, decided that it’s a brilliant idea to have a child. So I wank into a cup, and your mother just squirts my ‘deposits’ up her cervix. And 9 months later, here you are!

Ok, now I’m just rude and being way too graphic. I know having a child ain’t all that bad. It’s just that, there is just one slight problem: I hated the idea and NEVER wanted a child of my own. I mean, come on:
1. Non-stop crying
2. More non-stop crying
3. Even more non-stop crying
4. FHM (Fucking High Maintenance)
5. Besides, the world is over populated anyway…

Yes, I admit that I’m slightly freaked out after thinking so much into details.

The situation here is somewhat different. All I need to do is donate. What’s so hard about that? All I need is a cup and some creative imaginations.

I have no regrets in saying yes, and I will honor my words, should I’m required, when the time comes. Maybe it’s because I’ve never really thought of myself as father, and never expected that the day will come where I will have to fertilize an ‘egg’, that freaks me out. But I’m ready to face it.

Whether or not the seed is mine, I’m sure that the child will be loved by all of us… parents, or not.

1 comment:

Linus Linnaeus said...

look at the bright side dude...at least you are masturbating with a purpose!

Welcome 2 blogspot!

Linus