Saturday, March 01, 2008

The One During My Absence

As you are reading this, I have moved out and left KL.

A lot happened during my absence in February that made me changed my mind about staying in KL. Apart from losing my job and was jobless for close to four months, I was blackmailed, badly treated by ruthless housemates, beaten, raped, extort... the list goes on. (Don't ask me what happened, cause I really don't feel like talking about them again, or explaining.)

On top of that, my VAIO crashed. Yes, it crashed. No thanks to Windows Vista! I lost everything that was in the laptop: unused articles, writing samples, a short story I'm working on, but most important of all - I lost ALL the photos taken from late 2006 to 2008! Pictures of dinner gatherings and outings with my friends and ex-colleagues, my trip to Phuket, Langkawi, Macau and even Hong Kong, pictures with my family, relatives, friends, my ex, and even pictures of Didi... all gone. Sigh... :(

Although this posting might sound whiny to most of you, but those pictures really meant a lot to me. Files can be downloaded again, missing articles can be written once more, but those pictures are a memento of the ups (and downs) that I've been through. Moments that money can't buy. Sigh... :'(

Sometimes I really feel like it's fate; that all things happened for a reason. Maybe it's God's way of saying that it's time for me to start anew? Maybe it's a way to cut me off from whatever attachment I had in those missing files and documents?

Anyways: Aaron, thanks for being there for me although you gazillion miles away. Amy, and Darrel, sorry I got you guys worried. I wouldn't have be able to make it through if it weren't for you guys. -*HuGz*-

- jessism © 29022008 -

No comments: