Tuesday, December 27, 2005

ChR|StMaS |n S|nGaP0R3


Celebrated my first Christmas away from Malaysia. Though it is Singapore is not very far away from here, I have to say that it's an experience that I won't forget.

Singapore is a beautiful place during Christmas. Unfortunately, the countdown to the 25th was very much disappointment. There were no stage performance at Orchard, the roads weren't close, and some of the policemen were rude.

The people that were at Orchard on Christmas Eve were a bunch of crazy people that I would love to see again if I choose to go back there for another crazy street party. But it is sad to say that minus an official countdown, it just doesn’t feel right at all.

The people of Singapore do seem to take Christmas seriously. Apart from the colourful decorations all around, everywhere you go, you’ll hear people wishing you "Merry Christmas".

Kudos to the staff at McDonalds'! All the staff there seemed like they are getting a triple pay raise for every customer they smiled at. And do note that their smile is not one of those "my boss forced me to smile" look, but more of a "I'm very happy to see you even though I have to work on Christmas Eve" look. For a moment there, it made me feel so bad knowing that they have to work while I'm about to party the night away.

I also discovered something rather interesting while I was having my meal at Mc-D.

Apparently, Singapore has something call the GEMS program going on. It's a program where you have the opportunity to say a big thank you to the person who served you by giving them a thank you note, as well as your name and your contact number, just in case they would like to call you out for a date.

I'm not BS-ing you here. It's true! Besides letting you saying thank you, the Thank You card comes with a space for you to fill in your contact number. The way I see it, it's just another way for me to boldly give my number to the cute guy behind the counter without the fear of facing rejection. I wrote mine contact number down on the card... but unfortunately I was too chicken shit to walk up to the cute guy behind the counter to pass him the card.

Well, I can't wait to go back there again on New Year's Eve. I hope New Year's Eve will be better than what I experienced during Christmas.

A Jessism © 27122005

No comments: