Friday, December 30, 2005

New Year Resolutions (I)

It seems like it was just a week ago that Amy, Ash, Keith and I had our New Year celebration party, where Amy taught us her "Mexican tradition" where we have to stuff them grapes down our throat when the clock strikes 12 on New Year Eve….

In less than 48 hours, we will be bidding farewell to 2005 and greet a brand new year.

2005 has been a good year. Not fabulous, not fantastic, just plain ol' good. It is also the year that I managed to achieve most of my New Year Resolutions. (Keyword: "most".) I went for a concert (Jay Chou); travel out of Malaysia (Singapore); got a new job (Cathay Cineplexes); got (another) new job with a higher salary (PHHP Marketing); and I'm-sure-there-are-a–couple-more-that-I-can’t-think-of-right-now.

Since 2005 is coming to an end, it could only mean that I need a new set of New Year Resolutions. Speaking of which, is it just me? Doers any of you still do New Year Resolutions? Hmm… Anyways, here are five that I need to get done by the end of June 2006. Let’s see how many of them I can get done by then:

1. Take a trip
This excludes Malaysia, Singapore, and Brunei. I'm thinking either Athens, or one of those Spanish speaking countries. So I kinda need to…

2. Brush up my Spanish
My Spanish is going from bad to very the utmost baddest. If I ever want to bag my Latino, I better start polishing my Spanish.

3. Visit my grandparents at least once every two months
They are getting older each year and I feel that it's my duty as their grandson to visit them more often. I really missed them a lot. Which is why no matter what it takes, I need to remind myself…

4. NOT to skip CNY this year!
No matter how much those darn plane tickets cost, I need to go back on CNY and do that reunion dinner thingy with them! Even if it means that I have to pay RM700 to those bloodsucking people at Malaysian Airlines!

5. Get an iPod
Let's just say that my trusty Sony Discman is not so trustworthy anymore, and it's time for a new and reliable replacement to take its place.

Well, that's all for now. I'll continue the second part of this in June 2005. Happy New Year everybody!

A Jessism © 30122005

No comments: