Monday, November 05, 2007

Club Night

Those who are quite close to me would know that I don't do clubs. Those few unfortunate lucky ones whom I went with, would know that I would just sit and drink them dry.

After having down right low week, I couldn't resist it when 24 asked me to go La Queen with him. So after God-knows-how-long, jess is hitting the club once again. Since I don't dance, 24 and I decided that we should share a bottle of JD so that I we can drink the night away.

Hitting a local club after so long, my expectation wasn't all that high. On the way over, I was thinking to myself: Bad music, cigarette-filled room, everyone sardined to each other... When I got there around 11pm, the place isn't as bad as I thought it would be. No stuffy cigarette smell and the place sure ain't as sardine-packed as I thought it would be. 24 managed to get us a table quite close to the dancefloor.

All I cared about that night was to drink myself silly. To be honest, I don't remember who I met that that. Haha... Not that I was pissed drunk but the music was too loud and under them dim lighting, I can't even tell who's who. I do remember that 24 introduced me to a bunch of his friends.

After a couple of drinks, without me realizing suddenly the dancefloor is packed. Although to me the music was not all that good, the crowd sure was enjoying it. Maybe I was expecting too much, or maybe the crowd has bad music taste... I dunno. Since a majority of them are literally jumping high, I'm just gonna assume that it was me.

Now again, I dunno if it's really just me but I had a guy, who can't keep his hand to himself, followed me around. First, I didn't know him. Second, he groped me. Not once, not twice, but more. In the beginning, I really didn't notice if it was the same guy. I was walking around, I felt a hand on my butt but I didn't look back. I just assume that it was normal to be taken advantage of since I'm oh-so-irresistible in a dark enclosed place where people can't see how ugly I am. Then it happened again, and again, and finally I got fed up and turn to see who it was. This is where my favorite line comes into play: "God was never that kind to me." The person who was harassing me all this while didn't turn out to even hit the "average" line in my target range, and clearly, with all the brushing of his hands on me and groping while I was making my way around the club, I certainly have to give him brownie points for the effort... but still... I got to 24 and told him what happened and told him that I'm going out to get a breather. 24 got pisssed. It turns out that he knew who he person was and made him apologize to me. Never in my life would I imagine anyone taking him seriously but the guy was kinda intimidated and actually apologized!

Counting the time I went to Atmosphere with Darrel and his brothers, a few years back, this is actually the second time I stayed until closing time. The crowd dispersed and disappeared before the lights came on --are those people really that insecure about how they look???-- and 24, Sammi, Justin (who looks fucking familiar but I just can't recall where I've seen him) and I were the last ones to leave.

Having no transportation to go back, 24 was to send Sammi and I back. And then it happened...

-jessism © 05112007 -

No comments: