Thursday, November 01, 2007

11 Years

It's strange how time flies.

In exactly 11 years ago, today, I received a letter from an "ordinary girl", who wanted to be friends with me. She was 15 then.

We started to writing to each other. Ever since, waiting and checking the mailbox for her letter became a normal routine of my life. We would share stories of our lives, tell each other lil' secrets, and we would send each other our latest pictures (which I've already compiled hers into two albums)...

We were writing to each other so frequently, that I could even memorize her house address without checking for it. Letters we wrote to each other would sometimes exceed 12 pages (front and back), and we would find ways to beat the postal system, so that we could safe stamp money. (We were sending out so many letters, it was draining out our pocket money!) She taugh me one need trick, which is to put a couple of layers of glue on top of the stamp we use on the envelope, so that when the people at the post office chop the stamp, the ink would be imprinted on the glue. When the other party gets the stamp, we can just wash the stamp and reuse it again! Neat trick ain't it?!

If I were to compile the stack of letters she sent me over the past 11 years, my guess is that, is would be thicker than our college textbook! LOL...

Throughout the 11 years, we only met each other ONCE. I can't remember exactly which year was it but if memory serves me right, it was somewhere between 2003 - 2005. Yes, we only meet up after almost a decade of writing to each other! If I'm not mistaken, she wanted to gave me some CNY cookies she baked. Since you can't possibly send that by post, we were "forced" to meet up. We chatted for less than 15 mins and then she left. It was very late, you can't really blame us for having such a short conversation.)

Although we never saw each other again after that day, we still do write to each other from time to time, but not as crazily frequent as it used to be 11 years ago.

Dearie, I really can't believe that it's already been 11 years! If I were to be straight, I would definately consider asking you to marry me! LOL... Anyways, it's great to have known you for more than a decade, dearie! -*HuGz*-

1 comment:

lucas said...

Awwwww... so sweet. By the way..love the new hairdo