Friday, May 11, 2007

Support Piracy

While having dinner with Myels near my apartment building yesterday, a man walked up to our table with a stack of pirated CD and went "靓仔, 支持吓翻版啦!" (Direct Translation: Handsome, please help suport piracy!)

Normally, I wouldn't even give a damn about what the fella says and just ignore him but this guy really cracks me up. Turning to him, I said no. But he went on.

"D錢收住也不會變金,不如攞來支持吓翻版啦!" (Money keep also won't turn into gold, might as well use it to suppot piracy!")

Again, I reject the fella.

"靓仔,唔睼吓最少都摸兩下就當支持吓翻版啦!" (Handsome, if you don't want to have a look, at least touch it to show your support for piracy!")

At that point I started laughing. This guy is really good! So just to send him on his way, I touch the a CD cover from the stack that he's holding.

"摸了就算不買也看一下吧?看了又不會變盲." (Now that you've touched it, at least have a look at it. It's not like you'll turn blind.)

Hahaha... I'm telling you. This guy is really good! After rejecting him again, he thanked us for our time and went on to the next table and repeated the same line -- "靓仔,支持吓翻版啦!" (Handsome, please help suport piracy!)

If only original CD sellers are as good at promoting their CDs like this guy is, I'm sure they'll be making millions!

(To read more of why I think piracy rules in Malaysia, click here.)

- jessism © 11052007 -

No comments: