Thursday, June 21, 2007

Genting (II): Clausula

Backing the timline to earlier that morning. Kenny called while I was still asleep. I couldn't remember what was the reason he called but he sounded surprise to find that I'm still in bed. I told him I took the day off so that I could go Genting with my friend. He didn't sound happy at all after hearing the news. It hurts to hear him that way but I've promised myself that I need to control my emotions before he makes a decision.

A few minutes later, I received an SMS from Kenny telling me that he was about to buy bus ticket to come see me in KL that very day and he was thankful that he learned about me going to Genting before he did that. My heart aches. But since my friend is already on his way from Singapore, and he already had this trip all planned out since the begining of the week, it would be rude to cancel on him. So I stuck to the plan and went to Genting with him.

On the way up, Kenny called again. He sounded clearly sad and down. At that point, I really wanted to drop everything and take the next bus out to see him. Even though Kenny didn't say that he wanted me back, and I wasn't up to anything no good, I felt like a cheating boyfriend. I started thinking if I should leave Genting early next morning.

Worried about Kenny, I text to check if he's alright and I learned that he's not happy with me going off to Genting with someone he doesn't know. At that point, I made up my mind to go back the next morning.

Not long later, I got an SMS from Kenny: Can I have my puppy back? I made a wrong decision. Can the mouse get his puppy back? I almost cried. Mouse promise won't simply dump puppy anymore cos mouse really need the puppy badly.

As reluctant my replies to him were, my heart kept telling me: If he changes his mind, it's all your fault! We continue messaging each other back and forth for the next few hours. Kenny called later that night, right after I finish paying respect to the spirits of the mountain. We talked on the phone for more than three hours and managed to get everything off our chest.

There was a time where I really don't get what the fuss was about when Renee Zellweger uttered that magic phrase in "Jerry Maguire". Now I do. He had me at "Hello".

No comments: