Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Cut (2)

It took me so long to finally raise up enough courage to let someone cut my hair short again after so many years, and this is what I get.

I was more sad than pissed. My long hair is now gone and there is nothing I can do to get it back. And it's gonna take me more than a year to get back the length I wanted. But that's not what bothers me the most. What bothers me most is the fact that I have to put up with this messed up hairdo. I knew that I have to do something about it. As I have to work at the World AIDS Day Carnival again the next day, I text Irene to see if she had an extra cap that I could borrow to cover up the mess. When she asked, I told her what happened.

Later that evening, Irene came by. I showed her what happened and she told me not to worry, as there are still ways of saving it, and promised me to take me to another salon to get it fixed.

After our shift was over at the carnival, we went to a salon in Section 17. I told the guy who attended to me that someone screwed up my hair and asked if there is anything he could do to fix it. Checking through the cut I got the day before, the guy told me that he could fix it BUT he's gonna have to cut my hair shorter than it already is and asked if I am ok with it. Although I said yes, my heart sank. I would now need more time to get my hair back.

The guy was really nice, and did I mention cute?? Hahaha...

Before he started working on my hair, he tried his best to comfort me. Assuring me that he knows what he was doing. Me being all down low and mean, I kinda snapped back at him and said: "I heard the same lines yesterday and looked what happened?" He gave me a smile and asked me to trust him. He was all nice and sweet, confidant and comforting at the same time throughout the whole process. No, I did not fell in love with him just like that, but I have to admit that at that point, I really wished that if only my next boyfriend was someone like him. Haha...

At the end of the day, although I hated the fact that I am now going to be stuck with having short hair for the next two years, I was grateful that he managed to save my hair from looking all messed up. At the checkout counter, I saw his name written on the receipt. So here goes: Shawn, if you're reading this, thank you very much! I'm sorry I snapped at you. And if you so happen to be gay, single and available... call me? Hahahaha....

- jessism © 04122007 -

No comments: