Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Langkawi (I): The Trip

My memory of Langkawi was a tomb of a girl who died ages ago, a beach that looks very dirty, a place where you can pick up burnt rice, and cheap liquor. Very very cheap liquor.

The first time I went to Langkawi was when back when I was about 13 years old. It was one of those family trip which we took. I remembered that I got sea sick when I got back in the evening. My world spun, I feel like throwing up the whole night. Bad bad bad experience. So when I was invited to join the cast of "Cinta Luar Biasa" for their shooting in Langkawi, I was really sceptical. But to my surprise, the boat ride from Kuala Kedah wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Since the main purpose of the trip is to cover the event, I didn't get to see much of anything anywhere.

Going back to Langkawi again for a visit after so long, got me all excited... The night before departure, Irene and I even had a 3-hour long webcam session to show each other how much nonsense we've packed for the trip and questioned each other about what more nonsense that we can stuff into our bags. Talk about misusing modern technology.

The next day, Irene and I got to KL Sentral the earliest. While waiting for 24 and Ang Ku Kuih to arrive, we concluded that they must've overslept. Although 24 denied it, the both of us are still sticking to that conclusion of ours.

Taking the Airbus to LCCT, 24 and Irene are busy chatting themselves away while Ang Ku Kuih and I tried our best to catch some Zs. In other words: Not much. Reaching LCCT, the first sign of a long began. The minute we got off the Airbus, 24 headed straight to the nearest ditch in an attempt to puke. (Probably due to the lack of sleep, as he was rushing to get his work done prior to the trip.) Then during check in, another incident happened. I have taken Air Asia flights long enough to know that we don't really need to have a booking number to check ourselves in. All they needed is an ID. On that particular day, the guy at the check-in counter could not find Irene and my name in his computer and actually asked for our booking number and print out!!! Since 24 was the one who did the booking for us, I told him that I don't have it. Luckily, Ang Ku Kuih printed out a copy for us! With that, we got our boarding passes and we're ready for some breakfast.

Seeing that we still have 45 minutes before the time printed on boarding passes, we went to McD for a quick breakfast. Taking our own sweet time and all. Time flies. Before we knew it, we only have 5 minutes left before the stated time. As we make our way to the departure hall, and busy chatting away, we heard a familiar name came over the speakers: "..and Ms. Irene Ooi. Please proceed to Gate 14 as soon as possible." They’re announcing our names!! The first thing that acme to mind was: OH SHIT!!! The plane is about to leave without us!!! Our face went pale as we ran like hell towards the departure gate. Everyone had already boarded the plane and was just waiting for us. From the corner of my eyes, I swear I saw that the other passengers were starring angrily at us for causing a delay to the flight.

We sighed of relieve. We've made it onto the plane, yay~! But little did we know that this is just the beginning of a very rough day.

[Pictures from the trip can be seen at http://gambit3.multiply.com/photos/album/44.]

- jessism © 18122007 -

No comments: