Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Coffee Hangover

With deadline coming close every second and the work pressure building up. I decide that it would be wise to leave work on the dot while I could before OT week starts next week. So I left the office at 5pm sharp, and took a bus and went to Mid Valley and meet up with David, who was already there since lunch time! (Let's just put it this way: Whenever he's on leave, GSC makes big bucks!)

Since it's the last week "200 Pound Beauty" is showing, we decided to catch the 7pm show. (Magnificent movie! A definate must-watch!) When we got into the cinema hall, we couldn't believe our eyes. The hall is more than 90% full! The movie is about to end its run and it's still getting such great response! Can you believe it?!

After the movie, as we still have about 3 hours to kill before time for the last bus. The both of us headed to Coffee Bean for a drink and a quick gossip session. I dunno whether it's a gay thing, we managed to sit at Coffee Bean for more than 2 hours talking about... well... NOTHING! I dunno whether it's the coffee taking its effect on me, or what. I really don't remember much of what we talked about!

For those of you who doesn't already know. Coffee is like sleeping pill + alcohol to me. I can get knock out by a packet of mamak kopi-O ais for two days and wake up with a very bad hangover the day after. Since I wasn't getting much sleep for the past few days, I decided that a cup of Ice Blended Mocha would be able to help me sleep better. I really have no idea what I am getting myself into.

The session at Coffee Bean went by so fast, I felt like I didn't even have enough time to warm the chair up! Then it happened. As I was walking towards to he bus stand, I could feel that my head appears to be heavier than I used to be. While I was waiting for the bus at the bus stand, I was already leaning on a nearby tree. When I got on the bus I could barely get my eyes to stay open. When I got home, I quickly rushed into the washroom, brushed my teeth, took a quick shower and I don't really remember much of what happened after that.

I remember hearing the alarm on my phone ringing this morning super loud, as compared to any other morning. And I have a very bad headache. The world is still spinning around. I hit the snooze button and went back to sleep. When the alarm rang again, I really have the urge to throw the damn thing out of the window! I head felt like it was going to explode. I dragged myself out of bed, went into the washroom, took out my toothbrush, laced it with toothpaste, walked back out of the bathroom with a toothbrush in my mouth, and I went back to bed. Attempting to brush my teeth and sleep at the same time. (Kids, don't try this at home.)

The morale of this story? Don't try to brush your teeth while lying in bed. You might will choke on your toothbrush!

(Note To Self: No more coffee!...unless it's a Friday night.)

- jessism © 26062007 -

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David, who was already there since lunch time! (Let's just put it this way: Whenever he's on leave, GSC makes big bucks!)


you traitor.. are you hanging out with the enemy..??? no more movie tickets for you..! *whack*

;)
sam

~ 小狗 ~ said...

Hahaha.. Please don't do that to me! I was not hanging out with the enemy! We were just merely.. well... erm... It's just that... I mean... So how's Siti? It's been a very long while since I last saw her!