Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Rings

I never knew that there are different sizes for rings until today!

Wondering what to get for my boyfriend for our anniversary, and with my laziness to out shopping, I decided to do everything online this year. Browsing through online catalogues, I found a site which sells gorgeous combination rings. Rings can be combined into one! How cool is that?! Everything I see also I like, but it's damn expensive! Anyway, browsing through the collection, I saw a field that says: "RING SIZE". My first reaction was "what the f**k?! Ring size?!"

Please tell me that I'm not the only idiot in town who doesn't know about this! How many of you out there really do know that there are different sizes for ring? I don't! Heck, I don't even know my ring size! Imagine the embarrassment I'll have to endure when I go to a shop and the sales person asks me what's my size. "Erm.. I don't know." So I decided to do some read up about it.

For those of you who are too chicken-shit to admit you dunno that ring comes in different sizes and those of you who don't know your size, this is how you measure it. Cut a strip of paper and wrap it around the base of your finger. Mark the spot where the paper overlaps to form a complete circle and measure the length.

Knowing how to measure the ring size, I just have to try it out. So I cut the piece of paper, and started doing the measurement. The length I got was 55.0. OK... now what?! It's not in the chart. Does 0.6mm make any difference? Or can I safely say that my ring size is 7 1/2? I dunno. Instead of helping me solve my problem, the measurement just confuses me further.

Does the chart above really works? What is your ring size?

- jessism © 31052007 -

3 comments:

savante said...

Well just go to any jewellery shop and get the ring size checked. Easy enough. Then you can approximate the bf's finger.

~ 小狗 ~ said...

But that would ruin the surprise element now wouldn't it? =þ

Or maybe I should get something that doesn't require measurement? Hmm...

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you don't know that ring come in sizes, you think we all got long lanky fingers like you ka?
but seriously, ring sizes don't vary much so if you are .55 the 6 is still a safe bet