Thursday, September 20, 2007

Dreams

Came across an interesting phrase in last week's chapter of "xXxHolic".

"如果都是夢的話, 我該怎麼辦? 相逢和相遇如果都是夢...會悲傷嗎?"
(Translation: What should I do if all is but a dream? If all encounters in life are all just apart of the dream, would you be sad?")

I know there is a saying that says life is but a dream, but you be disappointed if everything really is but a dream? The one you love, the people you cared for, the memories of you and everyone you knew… everything.

Yes, it would be great if all the bad things that happened to us can just be forgotten like a bad dream, but with the recent events that has been going on in my life, I'm not sure if I wanted things to be as though a bad dream that I would forget after I wake… or should I had it be a real life experience that I live through and remember for the rest of my life?

"夢有兩種...醒著的夢和睡著的夢. 不管是那一種, 只要堅定的祈禱就可以變成現實.你所經歷過的那些真實會讓你變得堅強, 而只要用這份堅強來不停的許愿夢就會成真."
(Translation: There are two types of dreams: The dreams you have when you're awake and the dreams you have when you sleep. All that you have experienced will make you stronger. With determination, either dream will become a reality.)

I guess what makes us us is our determination to achieve our dreams and to live the life we wanted. It's our dreams that keeps us going. More like day and night, one could not have existed if it weren't for the other.

- a jessism © 19092007 -

No comments: