Monday, September 03, 2007

Long Weekend

August was a crazy month: Busy work schedule. Fucked up designer messing up the magazine. Nosy people who can't seem to mind their own business came poking around. Disrespectful people crack distasteful jokes and think that it's funny when no one's laughing. People who have mental issues sent me mental notes and notices about how they hated me. (And one would think that only celebrities gets hate mails? Not that I don't mind learning more about my fans' life - should I be calling them "fans"? - but I got better things to worry about, like my own life, for instance.)

Despite all the craziness, I got a much needed break thanks to Tunku Abdul Rahman – a 3-day long weekend.

Left KL early Friday morning to Johore with Myels, Benzamine, and Kenny. While the three went back to their parents', I tagged along and took the opportunity to visit the 60-year-old landlady I stayed with when I was working in JB. After sending Ben and Kenny back, when Myels dropped me at Aunty's place, it was already 2pm. Knowing that I will be staying over, Aunty insisted on cooking me dinner, which include my favorite curry chicken. (Yummmy~!)

Went out for karaoke with Ben, Oz, Kenny, and Greg on Saturday morning before heading over to Singapore to hunt for a new phone. Yeah, time for the old phone to retire to a less hectic user - ie: my mom. I was almost forced into buying an obsolete phone while browsing through phone shops in Lucky Plaza. The sales person insisted that I buy the phone he was recommending to me, it was at that time when I got a text message from David which gave me an idea for a getaway lie! Phew~!

Meeting up with David at Orchard MRT, he accompanied me to Far East to check out more phone prices before I finally decided on buying. Yes, jess has got a new phone now! Sony Ericsson T650i~!! Now I can do video call! Yipee~!!!

We met up with Tom not long after that and decided to go have dinner at Wisma Atria. Just right after we ordered and as I was about to start eating, I got a text message from Kenny saying that his mother had cooked dinner for me and wanted me to go over the minute I got back from Singapore. (Uh-oh... this can't be good! Ex-mother-in-law inviting me over for dinner and I miss it?!) I tried my best to finish my bowl of noodle soup the fastest I could and took off half way during dinner to rush back to JB.

As we are supposed to depart early Sunday morning from JB back to KL, I was to arrange the itinerary for the following day so that our travel plans don't get screwed up. I was to go have dinner at Kenny's place after I reached JB, spend the night at his place, Greg would drive me and Kenny to Aunty's place the next day, then Myels can pick the both of us up from there.

When I reached Aunty's place and told that we will be leaving after lunch, Aunty insisted that we have lunch with her the next day before leaving.
Although I called Aunty early Sunday morning that I will be reaching her place after 1pm and asked for her to have lunch first, when Greg got us got there around 12.30pm, Aunty told Kenny that she was waiting for us so that we could all have lunch together! (Damn touched!) Went we got into the kitchen, I could smell the sweet smell of tom yam! She cooked us Tom Yam Chicken!! Yay!!! The best part was, she even made Kenny's favourite ABC soup! (Haha... Thank you, Aunty! Thank you so very much!!!)

Thanks to Tunku Abdul Rahman, we managed to get this 3-day long weekend break.

Thanks to Tunku Abdul Rahman, I managed to get a much deserved break away from my crazy workplace.

Thanks to Tunku Abdul Rahman Aunty, Kenny, Greg and I, were able to enjoy a delicious lunch!

It was definitely the best weekend I've had all month!

- jessism © 03092007 -

No comments: