Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Inevitable

The inevitable has happened: Kenny moved out yesterday.

It's strange how things might sometimes turn out. I am the kind of person who does not like to have a roommate. You can call me selfish, weird or even obsessive compulsive, whatever-it-is, I just can't stand sharing the same room with another person. I don't like to be rushed and when in the washroom: be it bathing or "making a deposit". I don't like other people touching my things. I don't like having the idea that people might actually go through my things when I am not around. I don't like people sitting on my bed. I don't like people touching anything at all that is on my bed (cause they might leave their stench and then I would be forced to change my sheets). I want my stuff to stay mine and I just don't want anybody to go near it.

The strange thing is: I am starting to get use to having Kenny around so much, that now that he's moving, I really feel very reluctant. I know at some point the kid will be moving out but I guess one could never be prepared for this kind of stuff, or can they? I can't help but to think about how different things would be if we were still living together.

Sigh... I guess it's time to move on now. It's the beginning of a new chapter in his life, I guess, so should it mark mine as well. As "they" (whoever "they" may be) say: "The end is the beginning is the end..."

- jessism © 12.09.2007 -

No comments: